Friday, January 3, 2014
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
And its heart rendering when she says 'I was wounded; My honour was not '... and I echo her thoughts when she says 'I do not hate men. ... many men are victims of different kinds of oppression. It it patriarchy I hate, and that incredible tissue of lies that say men are superior to women, men have rights which women should not have, men are our rightful conquerors.
Monday, August 27, 2012
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Is it the 29 crisis? What is wrong with me? Or maybe I have always been this way? Howsoever I may pretend trying but it’s difficult for me to be good-natured for an extended period of time. Some incorrigible part of me seems to spring up from nowhere and turns me into a snapping, angry woman. Nothing against my poor A, even I am left agape at the unreasonable and unfathomable mood swings of mine.
Or maybe I always need a high – a high on activity, a high on laughter, a high on strength, a high on physical exhaustion or (I am scared to accept but) maybe even a high on tears. – but I always need a high. Happiness is not enough for me. I demand Euphoria. In Continuous spurts.
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
101 things that I want to do in life
With little introduction to the title of the post, I am going to start
typing right away...
just two things:
- These are in no particular order of priority/ relevance...
- I am probably not going to type 101 things at one go...
- (I know there were supposed to be 2 things, but I just changed my
mind). I am posting after a loooooong time, not because I didnt feel
like, but because in the effort to keep it anonymous, I shifted the
authorship of the blog to a new gmail ID and then forgot the new
username and password :D.... but (very luckily) just when I had
completely given up on efforts to retrieve it, I just manage to
recover my uname/pswd!!!!!
- (ok, I have already broken the '2' limit). For the record, I am
posting from Istanbul, in transit to Dusseldorf (Germany). I am
comfortably seated in a business lounge; and while I am trying not to
flaunt it, the real fact is that contrary to my own expectations (that
I will be ambivalent to B-class), I actually loved it; no reasons for
guessing why..... why because, I managed to peacefully sleep for 5
straight hours in a flight :)
Now, to the subject matter of the post...
1. Start and actively manage a gardening blog
2. Start writing poetry again. - hindi poetry preferably
3. Try my hand at quilling. I just bought a quilling kit. I think they
have just started selling those in India... I am yup so happy!!
4. Euro trip with 'AM'
5. Join dance classes
6. Learn Indian classical dance (pref Bharatnayan/ kuchipudi...) some day..
7. If I have a daughter, I will enable her to learn Indian classical
dance (dont gimme that look, I am not 'forcing' my
yet-unplanned-unborn-may-be-a-girl child.... I said I will 'enable'
8. Want to be a mother - well I will discuss this on a separate post someday
9. Speak fluent Bengali... I can speak in bits and pieces currently
10. I will keep my hair short n'sexy when I am 50+
11. Do a temperature-raising salsa number.... now this one is
preferably with 'AM' again; but, he has two left feet, so... I mean I
have to do the number anyhow!!!
12. Be a good manager, a good boss
13. Learn swimming... at least enough to make use of a pool!
14. Be a sexy mom
15. Sketch better, sketch extensively
16. Be good at my office stuff - no matter what I do, I should do it
well... very well
17. See Ajanta Ellora
18. See Hampi
19. See Ladakh someday, though its difficult for some undisclosable reasons :(
20. I want to make a nice quilling creation
21. I want to have a garden (won't mind if its a 'potted' one even!)
but has to be 'mine'.
22. I want to decorate my garden and do up the interiors myself
Monday, November 7, 2011
Saturday, November 20, 2010
Time taken: ~10 yrs (Ya, I see your expression "!!!???"..... did the embossing when I was in school, and then nothing happened for ~10 yrs.... then one fine day so happened that my dearest mom was hell bent on proving my lethargy and she pointed this as an example to AM. AM obviously seized the opportunity and pestered me day-in-day-out to paint and mount it.... He in turn was motivated by the fact that (we think) it will fit well into our drawing space**.... So, here it is.
Comments most welcome!
Friday, October 29, 2010
Hmm, 'you tell me how it looks on me!', said a trying-to-look-excited', hesitant me, trying to hide my real emotion....
Well, the fact of the matter was straight, I didn't like the diamond pendant-earring set that I was just gifted. Secondly, the fact that we have been trying to save for our house down payment, such an expenditure seemed so unwarranted to me, esp. given the fact that I am not too gungho about gold from a fashionista perspective (its a great investment though!).
But somehow I managed to evade it.... but not for long though, an hour later as AM and me were driving down to drop me to office, he asked again 'I think you didn't like it too much'.... that was enough to start me off in clarification of 'why I didn't like it'... and in the process I did manage to make it clear 'I DID N'T LIKE IT!' .....sometimes its so rightly advisable to shut-one's crappy opinion to self... but I didn't and here I I spoilt it all for him in so many words... :( :(
ultimately, he did add in frustration.... 'AS, you are such a difficult person to gift!'.... well, which girl would cringe at a loving 30k gold jewellery gift on Karwachauth'!! ??probably I am.
PS: I did add in the middle of the conversation somewhere that 30k could have bought lenses for my 'desired' SLR camera! .... and also managed to ask him 'how much making did they charge on the jewellery?'