Friday, March 6, 2009

News News News!!

Well, the News is that I recently got a piece of jewellery as gift... though that in itself doesn't make it worthy for news, there is a little addendum to that: that jewellery is supposed to be worn on a particular finger of my left hand.... Ahem ahem, yes you got it right... I got engaged on Feb 20th :)
It was a small family gathering of about 40 people (well, those aren't many considering there were two families). A bit of cultural confusion for my family and ME TOO!... But I guess thats what inter-caste, 'inter-region' (I am dilli (/UP) ki kudi and he is a Bengali boy) marriages are made of...
Would regret the fact that I was well 'not in control' - I was nervous, 'not my own self', confused, embarassed. And then I was waiting for him to drop in and take the charge, but he was probably in the same level of shock as I was... well, inspite of being my super-hero, he is humane too!!
So, the ceremony somehow was mixed, I enjoyed parts of it and few other parts..umm... but I am very happy with the end-result!!!

2 comments:

Author: Furor said...

congratulations .... and i must tell you this from experience .... either take complete charge of these occassions or step back and let it take place and don't let things bother you .... they're almost impossible to control .... just look at the big picture and enjoy ... it's your day in the end ...

Anjali said...

Hmmm... i know.... I would say its difficult - both taking control and stepping back!!