Thursday, April 15, 2010

learning on the job...

Have you seen something and said WOW and then grabbed it... and then realized it was actually YUCKS!

Well, thats how my new b o s s is. So, I like how my job profile looks on paper, and am decently ok with the work conditions, all except my b o s s.

I have historically prefered to use the word 'manager' instead of 'B***' because it sounds like a master-slave relation.. but alas, thats the word I have to (& I am) using today...

My first job gave me an experince of "how good organisations work", " how good managers manage", "how to be a good manager", "how to love your job" etc... 

My biggest learnings these days are "how bad organisations work", "how bad managers operate", "how not to treat your subordinates/ peers", "how to 'show' your non-existent-output"...

Make no mistakes! these are big learnings too! and in a way 'must-know's too... But its like saying 'Difficult situations are the biggest teachers'... well yes, but when you are going through those situations... they are ... well... 'difficult'! (you could replace 'frustrating' for 'difficult' here for me) ....

Readers should expect more about my corporate learnings in the coming posts.... 

No comments: