Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Appended: "Part 0: If you were to look at your life from outside...... What advice would you give yourself.."

Just thought I should more light on the intent and context of this question... "If you were to look at your life from outside...... What advice would you give yourself.."

The intent is that if someone doesn't know me completely i.e. he/she has a 5 minute (/10 minute/few weeks) discussion with me - how will he/she perceive me as a person? what will he/she advice me?

Also, the second perspective, if I was an acquaintance (/colleague/ boss/ peon/ subordinate etc) of myself, what advice would I give to myself..?

just for an example "Oh! she is sincere, but I wish she was more driven", "she is nice but gets moody"

Now, this might or might not match with my understanding of myself... but yet it might be true. And in cases where I would think that its not true, it will give me an opportunity to see why an outsider will perceive otherwise....


Then there can be so many other perspectives too... what if I was a book-writer...? I might say "Well, your life was exciting till point A, but you lost control after point B"
if I was my door plant "You take a lot of care of me, but its sporadic....

No comments: